Tuesday, March 20, 2012

TAG! Beauty Q&A

The Story
Recently
TAG! Beauty Q&A
Mar 20th 2012, 23:31

What is one product you cannot live without?

Mascara

What beauty gadget are you addicted to?

My GHD flat iron, without it my hair would be a poufy, frizzy mess.

 3 Favorite Lip Colors?

MAC High Tea Lipstick, MAC Marquise d' Lipstick (Limited Edition) and NARS Greek Holiday lip gloss

Your favorite beauty trend?

Fake lashes

What camera do you use?

Samsung TL225, it wasn't meant for blogging but with the right lighting it produces great photos. I hope to get either a Canon or Nikon in the near future.

Which celebrity fashion do you like or follow?

I don't follow celebrities for fashion, but I love the style of Lauren Conrad, Rachel Bilson and Kate Middleton

What nail color are you wearing right now?

Essie Haute as Hello

What makeup remover do you currently use?

MAC pro makeup remover (the purple one). I've tried a ton of removers in the past, but I like this one the best. It's gentle, effective and I never wake up with raccoon eye!

What products are you lusting after?

Sooo many! My sephora wish list is almost 100 products long – I know, I have a problem ;) – But, to name a few I'd love to get my hands on the new Tarte Amazonian Clay cream shadows, Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola perfume and Illamasqua blushes.

What age did you start wearing makeup?

12, I only wore mascara and lip gloss but I still remember mastering the eye lash curler! Oh, and my favorite lip product was Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper chapstick…remember those?!

What is the hardest makeup technique for you to perfect?

Winged liquid liner รก la Lauren Conrad. I just cannot keep my hands steady enough to master it. I can do a pretty good job with gel liner, but can't seem to perfect it with liquid.

What is your favorite nail polish brand?

Essie, to me they are the most pigmented and offer a nice variety of colors. A close second in terms of formula is Zoya, then OPI.

Favorite concealer?

MAC Select Moisture Cover in NW20, I'm on my 5th or 6th tube. It's creamy, easy to blend, doesn't settle into fine lines and is perfect for the under eye area.

All time favorite beauty purchase?

Too Faced Natural Eye Palette. I've hit pan on 5 colors, I absolutely adore it. The shadows blend so nicely, they don't leave behind any fallout, their creamy and smooth and really pigmented. I cannot say enough good things about this palette. I could throw away all my other shadows, just keep this one and be perfectly happy!

Celebrity crush?

Ok, so this question wasn't beauty related but I thought it was fun. I have a thing for British guys in Hollywood such as Jude Law, Sam Worthington and of course Christian Bale ;)

What product do you regret buying?

Over the years I've tried a lot of products that don't work for me, but the one that sticks out in my mind the most is the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush. Thankfully, it's a cheap product so I wasn't out a lot of money. But, the formula is just awful! It feels like silly putty and has zero pigmentation. Ugh, no thank you!

What one product can you not live without?

Hair serum! I keep one in my purse at all times because you never know when frizzy hair might strike you…especially down here in the humid south. My current favorite is the Bed Head Glaze Haze serum.

What is your must-have makeup brush?

Real Techniques Stippling brush, it blends in foundation quick and even without streaks. Plus, it's only $9.99 at ULTA! A close second are my MAC 217 and 224 eye brushes.

What makeup category is your favorite? (i.e. eyeshadow, lipstick, blush)

Hands down, my favorite product to buy is blush. Even though my blush drawer is over flowing, I'm constantly purchasing new ones. I love nudes, neutrals and pinky brown shades the most.

What got you into makeup?

The look and feel of makeup stores and counters. As a young girl I loved walking through department stores and seeing all the beautiful makeup on display. Everything looked so sparkly and new and the packages and products were all so intriguing. To this day, I love the feeling I get when I walk into Sephora or into the beauty department at Bloomingdales or Macy's.

Favorite liner formula: Gel, Liquid or Pencil?

Pencil, preferably dark browns. My all time favorite is Urban Decay Whiskey 24/7 Liner.

Favorite pressed powder?

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural in Medium. A close second is the CARGO Blu Ray pressed powder in shade 20.

Must have cosmetic brand?

MAC or Makeup Forever, I have must have products from both brands.

What is your favorite beauty blog?

Temptalia, she gets information on new product launches and MAC collections well before they hit the stores so its a great way for me to plan out what I want to purchase.

Favorite drugstore product?

Maybelline Full n' Soft mascara, it gives me long, separated, full lashes for less than $7 bucks!

Do you use a primer?

I never used to it, but I really see a difference now when I use one. My current favorite is the Makeup Forever HD primer.

Favorite eyeshadow colors?

Neutrals (i.e. soft browns, golden bronzes, warm browns, taupe's, shimmery champagnes)

Least favorite eyeshadow colors?

Shockingly bright pinks or aquas, I could never pull it off.

Are you a professional or self-taught?

Self taught. I am no where near a professional, I'm just an everyday girl obsessed with makeup and beauty products…and I like to document my experiences, take pictures and post them on here for you all to read.

Any tips for new bloggers?

Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. I still remember how terrified I was to press "publish" on my very first post. I was scared of what people would think, if my photos were good enough or if people would like my content. But, in the year that I've started this venture I have met so many awesome and incredibly nice beauty bloggers and vloggers! Also, you don't need a fancy $900 camera to start. Just use what you have and make sure your lighting is good. I use a $200 point and shoot camera, I take advantage of natural sunlight and I always use my macro settings. It takes some practice for good angles and what not, but you can definitely get great photos with cheaper cameras!

Alright beauties, if you're reading this then I tag you! Comment below and let me know if you joined in on it, thanks for reading!

XOXO,

Julie

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions