Sunday, May 20, 2012

Midnight FM | laurenbayliss

The Story
Recently
Midnight FM | laurenbayliss
May 20th 2012, 13:12

One of the CUSEAFS films I went to view was called 'Midnight FM'. I wasn't really sure of what to expect when watching this film but I thought it would be interesting to watch anyways as I wanted to open my eyes to different types of films that I would never usually watch, and this was one of them. The film revloves around Ko Sun-young who is a popular midnight DJ and works on the radio who quites her job because her daughter needs urgent medical treatment in America. The plot develops so that a man called Han Dong-soo calls into Ko Sun-Young's radio station pretending to be a fan, when in reality he is a crazy murderer and tells her that he has kidnapped her family. In return for her family being returned to her, Han Dong-soo tells Ko Sun-Young that she must play every song on a list that he has. If she does not do what Han Dong-soo says or calls the police, he tells her that he will murder her entire family. The whole film kept me in suspense, as I really did not know what was going to happen. Out of all of the Chinese films I have watched, this one was by far the most exciting and by all accounts, the most enjoyable because of the fact you didn't know what was going to happen. The part that i liked most about this film was the fact that it wasn't a usual Chinese film, in a way it seemed different and that was something i greatly apprectiated. Being a Chinese film, I wasn't aware of any of the actors, unlike Flowers of War, which had the incredibly well known actor, Christian Bale in (this i though, added a bit of a weird twist to the film). I enjoyed watching a film where it had a sturdy and enjoyable narrative with actors that I had no idea who they were, it was almost refreshing.

Although im not sure my friends would be too interested to watch a Chinese film, this is one I would definitely recommend to them to watch, if they are anything like me and love a good suspense thriller (which most of them are), they will definitely enjoy this film!

Like this:

Be the first to like this post.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions